Candidates for IFCC Secretary and Treasurer positions
Published: Wednesday, January 18, 2017
The IFCC Nominations Committee received four nominations for the IFCC Secretary and four nominations for the IFCC Treasurer positions. They will start on January 1st, 2018 until December 31th 2020.
The eight candidates have been nominated by their National Societies and they have given a written consent for their candidacy. All applications were declared valid.
The candidates for the IFCC Secretary Position are:
- David KINNIBURGH, Canadian Society of Clinical Chemists (CSCC)
- Joseph LOPEZ, Malaysian Association of Clinical Biochemists (MACB)
- Tahir PILLAY, South African Association of Clinical Biochemistry (SAACB)
- Rosa SIERRA-AMOR, Mexican Association of Clinical Laboratory Sciences (MACLS)
Due to personal reasons, Mr. Joseph Lopez decided to withdraw his nomination for the position of Secretary.
The candidates for the Treasurer Position are:
- Alexander HALIASSOS, Greek Society of Clinical Chemistry – Clinical Biochemistry (GSCC-CB)
- Klaus KOHSE, German Society of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (DGKL)
- Binod KUMAR YADAV, Nepal Association for Medical Laboratory Science (NAMLS)
- Tomris OZBEN, Turkish Biochemical Society (TBS)
The full details of each candidate’s nomination including a personal statement are available the following link.
All IFCC Officers’ elections take place electronically; according to this, the electronic ballot for the election of the Secretary and Treasurer positions is held from April 1st – to 30th, 2017. IFCC full members, in good standing, constitute the voting members. Voting process’ details will be provided next February by the IFCC office.
IFCC Secretary Candidates
IFCC Treasurer Candidates
||Binod KUMAR YADAV