APFCB Young Scientists Contest
Published: Saturday, June 13, 2015
THE ASIA-PACIFIC FEDERATION FOR CLINICAL BIOCHEMISTRY AND LABORATORY MEDICINE
YOUNG SCIENTISTS AWARD COMPETITION
The APFCB Young Scientist Award Competition is a scientific paper competition conducted by the APFCB through its Education and Laboratory Management Committee with the following objectives:
- Foster scientific potential of young scientists within the Asia-Pacific region,
- As a means of aiding and encouraging young scientists in written and oral communication of their research results
1. Scientists under the age of 40 on 26 November 2016 (opening of the 14th APFCB Congress in Taiwan where the awarding will take place);
2. Researcher must reside in the Asia Pacific region (all Asian countries except Arab region), Australasia, Pacific islands.
The selection process will take place starting June 2015, with the following conditions:
- Submitted scientific research papers shall be original works of one individual (single author) or as main author in a group research project
- Research paper has not been published elsewhere or submitted at the same period/time for another competition or publication
- Literary search or reviews are not acceptable
- All research areas in laboratory medicine are welcome, but emphasis will be put to novel findings
- Language will be English
- Each researcher may submit more than one research paper
- All papers must include a title page with the following information: title of the paper, name of scientist, affiliation name and address, researcher's email address and name, address and email address of the sponsor who endorses the project.
- The maximum length of the paper is 1,500 words, not including title page, abstract, references, figures, tables, and appendices. The body of the paper shall begin with the abstract so that it is not on a separate page.
- Deadline of submission is 31 December 2015
- All submissions shall be addressed to: Dr Tony Badrick, APFCB Education and Laboratory Management Chairperson, email address: Tony.Badrick@rcpaqap.com.au
Winners and prizes:
- There will be 5 (five) winners selected from all submitted papers.
- All 5 (five) winners will be invited to present their papers at the 16th APFCB Congress in Taipei, Taiwan, on 26-29 November 2016. Expenses of the winner will be covered to a limit of SGD 2,000
- A dedicated symposium during this congress will be allocated for this competition award.
- Besides being sponsored to attend the 14th APFCB Congress, the First Winner will also receive a first prize of USD 1,000.00 and the second best will receive a second prize of SGD 500.00.
- A Juror Team chaired by the APFCB Education and Laboratory Management Committee will be in charge for determining the winners of this competition.
The APFCB encourages scientists under the age of 40 to participate in this competition, through which they will have unique opportunities to learn a crucial part of scientific work which is communicating their work to others.
Click here to download the announcement