Hernan Fares Taie
Speaker at the XVIII National Congress of Bolivia, Oruro Bolivia. Conferences: EBLM and Biochemistry 2.0. November, 2015.
Speaker at the National Biochemistry Congress of Argentina, CUBRA XIII, October 7, 8, 9 and 10, 2015 - CATAMARCA – ARGENTINA. Conference: Biochemistry 2.0: Implementing Evidence Based Medicine in everyday practice.
Speaker at the XXI Latin American Congress of Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory, COLABIOCLI 2015, September 24, 25 and 26, 2015.
Conferences: Evidence Based Laboratory Medicine and Implementation of the project of control and monitoring of agrochemicals in fruits and vegetables in the city of Mar del Plata, Argentina.
Director and speaker at the course on Evidence Based Laboratory Medicine, Tarija; Bolivia, August 24-26 2015
Director and speaker at the course on Evidence Based Laboratory Medicine, Santa Cruz; Bolivia, August 26-28, 2015
Speaker at the III Biochemistry Congress of the Litoral, Santa Fe, Argentina, August 5- 7, 2015. Conference: Biochemistry 2.0 and EBLM
Biochemistry Federation of Cordoba. Carlos Paz. Cordoba. Argentina. Lecturer. Topic: Biochemistry 2.0 and EBLM November 28 - 29, 2014.
University of Asuncion del Paraguay. Academic activities in the post graduate course of Clinical Biochemistry. Module: Evidence Based Laboratory Medicine. November 10 - 15, 2014.
FEFAS Congress, Quito, Ecuador. Lecturer. Topic: Biochemistry 2.0. Knowledge Management. October 9 - 11, 2014.
First International Conference of the Clinical Biochemistry Association of Bolivia. Lecturer. Topics: EBLM and Biochemistry 2.0. Santa Cruz. Bolivia. September 4 - 6, 2014.
Member of the Scientific Committee, at the XVIII Chilean Congress of Clinical Chemistry. Santiago. Chile. August 4 - 6, 2014. Review poster EBLM
Chair of EBLM course at XVIII Chilean Congress of Clinical Chemistry. Santiago de Chile. Chile. August 4 - 6, 2014.
XVIII Chilean Congress of Clinical Chemistry. Lecturer. Topic: Biochemistry 2.0. Santiago. Chile. August 4 - 6, 2014.
IFCC World Lab Congress, Istanbul. Lecturer. Topic: Biochemistry 2.0. June 22 - 25, 2014.
IFCC World Lab Congress, Istanbul. Poster presentation: Biochemistry 2.0. Chosen for oral presentation. June 22 - 25, 2014.
National Congress of Biochemistry Residents. Lecturer. Topic: Biochemistry 2.0. Buenos Aires. Argentina. May 14 - 16. 2014
National Congress of Ecuador. Lecturer. Topics: EBLM and Biochemistry 2.0. Guayaquil, Ecuador. May 2 - 4, 2014.
1) Watine J: Conflict between guideline methodological quality and recommendation validity: a potential problem for practitioners. The work published in Clinical Chemistry (above) has also been presented orally at the "lung cancer markers" session at the XXXIVth Meeting of the International Society for Onco-developmental Biology and Medicine, ISOBM 2006, September 16-20, 2006, Pasadena, California, USA
2) Peter Bunting: Evidence-based laboratory medicine: Principles and Practice. Lecture presented on behalf of IFCC committee on EBLM at Latin American Congress of Clinical Biochemistry, Asuncion, Paraguay, April 2006
3) D Rogic: Evidence Based Laboratory Medicine, 5th Croatian Congress of Laboratory Medicine with international participation, Porec, Croatia, 18-22 October 2006. Session chairmen and invited lecturer, the title of the lecture: Putting evidence based medicine into practice
4) D Rogic: Lecture «Evidence based laboratory medicine» at the Postgraduate course for clinicans at the University of Zagreb School of Medicine, held every winter semester
5) D Rogic: Lectures «Evidence based laboratory medicine» and «How to correctly interpret laboratory results» at the Postgraduate course for clinicans at the University of Split School of Medicine, held every spring semester
6) Horvath AR. Per Hyltoft Petersen Award Plenary lecture: Education in Evidence-based Laboratory Medicine, LabMed Bratislava 2006, IXth symposium of the Slovak Society for Laboratory Medicine. 6 April 2006, Bratislava, Slovakia
7) Horvath AR. Evidence-based initiatives in laboratory medicine. Annual Meeting of the Swedish Society of Laboratory Medicine, 25 April 2006, Örebro, Sweden
8) Evidence-based Monitoring workshop in collaboration with members of the Cochrane Diagnosis and Screening Tests Method Group. The aim of this workshop was to write a book on the topic. This was not an IFCC C-EBLM workshop as the book was finally not supported by IFCC. However, the work is closely related to C-EBLM activities and its collaboration with Cochrane Methods Group. 22-28 May 2006, Budapest, Hungary(No of participants: 20)
9) Course on Evidence-based diagnosis, 3-5 July 2006, Szeged, Hungary. This was a 4-day CME course for Hungarian medical professionals, which was heavily based on the IFCC EBLM course in 2005.(No of participants: 55)
10) Full-day interactive workshop at AACC 2006 in Chicago: "The Art of Evidence Based Medicine: Approaches to Question Formulation and Study Design" Presenters: Robert H. Christenson, Christopher P. Price, Andrea Rita Horvath. AACC Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL. July 23, 2006.(No of participants: 30)
11) Guidelines on the Danube, G-I-N/WHO Regional Symposium and Workshop on Evidence-based Guidelines. An international workshop organized by the Hungarian TUDOR Network and the Ministry of Health in collaboration with WHO under the auspices of Guidelines International Network. This workshop was formally supported by IFCC and SIGN. 11-14 October 2006, Budapest, Hungary(No of participants: at symposium 110, at workshop: 50)
12) AR Horvath: State of evidence in the laboratory medicine literature. 4th Meeting of the Athena Society, 6-8 September 2006, Mykonos, Greece
13) Dunja Rogic: Whole day workshop entitled «Evidence based laboratory medicine» held as a part of postgraduate course for clinicians at the University of Mostar School of Medine (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
14) AR Horvath IFCC VLP 2006: Talks and local workshops in India (New Delhi and Cochin), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) and Indonesia (Semarang). 7-22 November 2006
15) NKDEP / IFCC Workshop on Standardization of urine albumin measurement and reporting, Lecture by S Sandberg: Urine-albumin, an international survey -post-analytical external quality assessment. 27-28 March 2007, Washington, USA
16) Workshop on "The Laboratory's Contribution to Clinical Effectiveness". The workshop was delivered by AR Horvath. FOCUS 2007, 23-27 April, 2007 Manchester, UK.
17) EBLM Workshop at EUROMEDLAB 2007 as a satellite one-day pre-congress event. 3 June 2007 - the workshop was cancelled due to low level of interest.
18) Symposium on "Evidence in action" - a joint session of C-EBLM and DM-GC with 4 talks by S Sandberg, J Watine and P Bunting, R Christenson, and AR Horvath at EUROMEDLAB 2007, 2-7 June 2007, Amsterdam, The Netherlands(see Abstracts in section of Publications)
19) Symposium on "Evidence Based Medicine and Cost Effectiveness - Enemies or Allies?": Talks by Rob Christenson (Evaluating Cost-Effectiveness Evidence - Finding, Evaluating and Interpreting) and Rita Horvath (Cost Considerations and Evidence Based Guidelines). Coordinator: Paul Collinson. AACC 2007, 14-19 July 2007, San Diego, USA
20) EDUTRAK Workshop on "Evidence Based Guidelines" - talks and exercises by Rob Christenson and Rita Horvath. Coordinator: Rob Christenson. AACC 2007, 14-19 July 2007, San Diego, USA
21) AACB Current Concepts Conference on EBLM, delivered in seven locations across Australia and New Zealand by Chris Florkowski and John Whitfield(see attached report for details).May-November 2007, Australia and New Zealand.
22) Symposium on the "Theory and Application of Evidence-Based Laboratory Medicine" at the 3rd FESCC Symposium for the Balkan Region: Talks were presented by Joseph Watine, Sverre Sandberg, Wytze Oosterhuis, Dunja Rogic, Diler Aslan and Rita Horvath. The lecture materials of the Symposium were issued on a CD and abstracts were published in the Journal of Yugoslav Medical Biochemistry. 20-22 September 2007, Belgrade, Serbia.
23) 39 Congreso International. SI-BioC, Lecture by S Sandberg: Self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) in diabetes patients, instrument quality as well as clinical utility. 2-5 October 2007, Rimini, Italy
24) IFCC VLP 2007 by AR Horvath in Bejing, Hong-Kong, Taipei, Bangkok and Singapore. 14-30 October 2007(see attached report for details).
25) Updated Clinical and Laboratory Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Diabetes. 28th Arnold O. Beckman Conference. Lecture by AR Horvath on "Guidelines (Process of Developing and Updating)" 15-16 November, 2007, Atlanta, USA
26) Workshop on "Evidence-Based Guidelines": This trip included a series of a general EBLM symposium (19 November, Buenos Aires), an interactive guideline workshop for guideline developers (20-23 November, Mar Del Plata) and a conference symposium at the First Congress on Biochemistry of the South-East of Buenos Aires Province in Argentina. The programs were delivered by Peter Bunting, Joseph Watine, Sverre Sandberg, Wytze Oosterhuis and Rita Horvath. 19-25 November 2007, Buenos Aires and Mar Del Plata.
27) Training course on "Evidence-Based in Laboratory Medicine" by Diler Aslan in the training program of Specialists in Clinical Biochemistry, Pamukkale University School of Medicine Biochemistry Department, February - June 2007, and October 2007 - January 2008, Denizli/Turkey.
28)IFCC/FESCC/TBS Course on "Evidence-Based Laboratory Medicine".The programs were delivered by Peter Bunting, Joseph Watine, Sverre Sandberg, Wytze Oosterhuis and Rita Horvath,8-11 April 2008 Istanbul, Turkey
1) Bunting PS, Sandberg S. Laboratory reporting to clinicians: Is it evidence based? In: Evidence-Based Laboratory Medicine- Principles, Practice, and Outcomes. Second Edition, Eds: Christopher P Price and Robert H Christenson). AACC Press, Washington 2007. pp375-398.
2) Che-yung Chao, Christopher M Florkowski, John N Fink, Sandra J Southby and Peter M George Prospective validation of cerebrospinal fluid bilirubin in suspected subarachnoid haemorrhage. Ann Clin Biochem 2007; 44: 140-144.
3) Christenson RH, Price CP. Critical appraisal of the evidence: relevance, validity, application. In: Evidence-Based Laboratory Medicine- Principles, Practice, and Outcomes. Second Edition, Eds: Christopher P Price and Robert H Christenson). AACC Press, Washington 2007. pp213-244.
4) Christenson RH. (Invited Manuscript on behalf of C-EBLM): "Evidence Based Laboratory Medicine - A Guide for Critical Evaluation of In Vitro Laboratory Testing", Ann Clin Biochem 2007; 44: 111-130.
5) Coppus SFPJ, Emperanza JI, Hadley J, Kulier R, Weinbrenner S, Arvanitis T, Burls A, Cabello JB, Decsi T, R Horvath A, Kaczor M, Zanrei G, Pierer K, Stawiarz K, Kunz R, Mol BWJ, Khan KS. A clinically integrated Curriculum in Evidence-based Medicine for just-in-time learning through on-the-job training: The EU-EBM project. BMC Medical Education 2007; 7:46. www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6920/7/46
6) Horvath AR, Nagy E, Watine J. Critical appraisal of guidelines. In: Evidence-Based Laboratory Medicine- Principles, Practice, and Outcomes. Second Edition, Eds: Christopher P Price and Robert H Christenson). AACC Press, Washington 2007. pp295-320.
7) Horvath AR, Nagy E, Watine J. Quality of guidelines for the laboratory management of diabetes mellitus.Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl2005; 240: 41-50.
8) Horvath AR. Monitoring levothyroxine replacement in primary hypothyroidism. In: Evidence-based Medical Monitoring: from Principles to Practice. Glasziou P, Aronson J, Irwig L (eds) Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, 2007;in press
9) K.M.Aakre, G. Thue S. Subramanian-Håvik, G. Thue, I. Plum, M. Müller, M.V. Lovrencic, A. Aab, M. Kutt, H. Morris, P. Gillery, N. Schneider, C. Ricos, C.P. Alsina, R.Onody, A.R. Horvath, W. Oosterhuis, G. Nordin, S Sandberg. Post - analytical external quality assurance of urine albumin in primary health care: an international survey. Clin Chem(submitted)
10) Klovning A, Sandberg S: Searching the literature. In: Evidence-Based Laboratory Medicine- Principles, Practice, and Outcomes. Second Edition, Eds: Christopher P Price and Robert H Christenson). AACC Press, Washington 2007. pp189-212.
11) Manley Susan E, Stratton Irene M, Clark Penelope M, and Luzio Stephen D. Comparison of 11 human insulin assays: implications for clinical investigation and research. Clin Chem 2007; 53: 922-932.
12) Price CP, Christenson RH. Applying evidence-based laboratory medicine in routine clinical practice. In: Evidence-Based Laboratory Medicine- Principles, Practice, and Outcomes. Second Edition, Eds: Christopher P Price and Robert H Christenson). AACC Press, Washington 2007. pp509-531.
13) Price CP, Christenson RH. The clinical question: A system for formulating answerable questions in laboratory medicine. In: Evidence-Based Laboratory Medicine- Principles, Practice, and Outcomes. Second Edition, Eds: Christopher P Price and Robert H Christenson). AACC Press, Washington 2007. pp25-52.
14) Sies CW, Florkowski CM, Sullivan M, Mackay R and George PM. Urinary VMA, dopamine and the likelihood of neuroblastoma: a preferred way of reporting laboratory results? Ann Clin Biochem 2006; 43: 300-305.
15) Skeie S, Perich C, Ricos C, Araczki A, Horvath AR, Oosterhuis WP, Bubner T, Nordin G, Delport R, Thue G, Sandberg S. Postanalytical external quality assessment of blood glucose and hemoglobin A1c: an international survey. Clin Chem. 2005 Jul;51(7):1145-53.- Coordinator: Sverre Sandberg, NOKLUS, NorwayTrenti T, Canali C, Scognamiglio A. Clinical Governance and evidence-based laboratory medicine. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2006; 44(6):724-32.
16) Watine J, Bunting P. Mass colorectal cancer screening: methodological quality of practice guidelines is not related to their content validity.Clin Biochem2008; Clin Biochem 2008 May;41(7-8):459-66. Epub 2008 Jan 11.
17) Watine J, Friedberg B, Nagy E, Onody R, Oosterhuis W, Bunting P, Charet JC, Horvath AR. Conflict between guideline methodological quality and recommendation validity: a potential problem for practitioners.Clin Chem2006 Jan; 52(1): 65-72.
18) Watine J, Oosterhuis WP, Nagy E, Bunting PS, Horvath AR. Formulating and using evidence-based guidelines. In: Evidence-Based Laboratory Medicine- Principles, Practice, and Outcomes. Second Edition, Eds: Christopher P Price and Robert H Christenson). AACC Press, Washington 2007. pp275-294.
19) Watine J. Guidelines are never perfect; however they need to be transparent.Clin Chim ActaJune 2007; 381(2): 184-185.
1) Aakre KM, Subrmanian-Havik S, Thue G, Plum I, Müller M, Lovrencic MV, Aab A, Kutt M, Morris H, Gillery P, Schneider P, Alsina CP, Perich C, Horvath AR,Onody R, Oosterhuis W, Nordin G, Sandberg S. Post-analytical external quality assessment of microalbuminuria - an international study. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2007; 45: S13.
2) Horvath AR,Nagy E, Watine J, Bunting P, Onody R, Oosterhuis W, Rogic D, Sandberg S, Boda K. Quality of guidelines for diabetes mellitus: Can we do better? Clin Chem Lab Med. 2007; 45: S14.
3) Christenson RH. Natriuretic peptides: What is the evidence in support of their clinical utilization? Clin Chem Lab Med. 2007; 45: S14.
4) Watine J, Bunting PS. Mass colorectal cancer screening: methodological quality of practice guidelines is not a guarantee of their content validity. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2007; 45: S15.
5) Horvath AR. Evidence-based laboratory medicine: from principles to practice. Chin Med J. 2007; 120 Suppl.2: 2-3.
1) E Dobos, E Nagy, I Szy, AR Horvath: Evidence-based guideline development (in Hungarian). A book chapter was submitted for the book entitled 'Clinical Excellence'. Ed: S Godeny, to be published in 2007 in Hungary.
2) Watine J. Évaluation des pratiques professionnelles: comment choisir ses référentiels? Annales de Biologie Clinique 2006 Nov-Dec; 64(6):617-8.
3) Watine JC, Bunting PS. Dépistage de masse du cancer colorectal par recherché de sang dans les selles par test au guaïac. A côté des bénéfices collectifs éventuels, il y a aussi les risques individuels avérés.La Presse Médicale2008 Feb;37(2P2):363-366. Epub 2007 Dec 21.