Quality Specifications for Glucose POCT (WG-GPOCT)
Membership (Closed in 2013)
|Name||Position||Country||Term||Time in Office|
|R. Tirimacco||Chair||AU||1st||2010 01 - 2012 12|
Terms of Reference
To investigate the quality specifications required for glucose PoCT meters as glucose testing is used in a wide range of health care settings including:
- Hospitals - Adult: A&E, medical wards, intensive care - Paediatric: A&E, medical ward, intensive care
- General practice/physicians office
- Air Ambulances
- Patients/Carers - self monitoring
- Nursing Homes
- Population surveys - screening
- To develop allowable analytical error (including bias and imprecision) recommendations for different clinical situations.
- To develop recommendations about suitability of instruments for different clinical situations.
- To define training standards for both health workers and patients.
- To develop clinician derived quality specifications for critically ill patients.
- To develop clinician derived quality specifications for general practice.
- To develop clinician derived quality specifications for ambulances/Air Ambulances/Emergency Departments.
- To establish epidemiologists derived quality specifications for population surveys.
- To develop patient derived quality specifications for self/testing.
- To develop paediatric derived quality specifications for paediatric patients.
Summary of outcomes of WG
List of Corresponding Members, nominated by National Societies
|Name||Full Member Society|
|Mark Shepard||Australasian Association of Clinical Biochemists (AACB)|
|Ethienne Cavalier||Société Belge de Chimie Clinique (SBCC)|
|Joëlle Goudable||Société Française de Biologie Clinique (SFBC)|
|Tjan Sian Hwa||Indonesian Association for Clinical Chemistry (HKKI)|
|Emanuel Artem||Russian Scientifically-Practical Society of Specialists in Laboratory Medicine (RSPSSLM)|
|Vladimir Procenko||Ukrainian Society of Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics (USCLD)|
Working Group Chair's contact
Ms. Rosy TIRIMACCO
Network Operations & Research Manager
Mail box 28, Level 3B
Mark Oliphant Building, Science Park
South Australia 5042
Tel: +61-(0)8-8201 7842
Fax: +61-(0)8-8201 7850