SD-EC Member - Barnali Das Biography
Dr. Barnali Das, MD, DNB & PGDHHM
Consultant, Laboratory Medicine
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Medical Research Institute
Email: email@example.com; Barnali.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member, Scientific Division, International Federation of Clinical Chemistry & Laboratory Medicine (IFCC), 2018 – 2023.
- 1st Chair, American Association of Clinical Chemistry (AACC), Indian Section, 2018-Till Date.
- National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories (NABL) Assessor.
- College of American Pathologist Inspector.
- Member, IFCC Committee on Standardization of Thyroid Functions Tests (C-STFT), 2011 – Dec, 2017.
- Corresponding Member for IFCC Committee for Reference Interval & Decision Limit (IFCC C-RIDL), 2014 - Till date.
- Adjunct Faculty, Kasturba Medical College, MAHE, Manipal.
- Reviews Editor, Practical Laboratory Medicine, Elsevier.
Honors & Awards:
Dr. Barnali is recipient of two oration awards and four international and nine national awards:
- Her project at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Medical Research Institute is recognised as 2020 Global Recognition on Achievement category (one of the 12 teams earning the achievement honour amongst 180 initiated applications from 141 countries) by Univants of Healthcare excellence. This recognition is by IFCC, AACC, EHMA, Modern Healthcare, HIMSS, NAHQ, and Institute of Health Economics & funded by Abbott. This is also the first healthcare institution recognised from India, second in Asia;
- ‘The White Knight Award, Healthcare Heroes of India’ by Metropolis Healthcare and We Foundation, 1st July, 2021;
- ‘Custodians of Humanity Award 2021’ by Integrated Global Healthcare Mission (IGHM) for COVID Task Force Work;
- “Best Docs Mumbai 2021 & 2020” in General Pathology by Outlook in the magazine ‘Outlook’ issue of the year;
- Under her leadership, Biochemistry and Immunology Department of KDAH has been awarded 2021 Diagnostic Leadership Award, under the category of Pioneering Smart Lab Department, organized by Elets EHealth in association with NABL;
- 2019 “Diagnostic Leadership Award in Achiever Category” from Indian Express Group;
- 2019 Zee Business National Healthcare Leadership Award in ‘Woman Leadership’;
- “Top Doctors Mumbai 2020” in the ‘India Today’ September issue;
- 2019 “Healthcare Leader in Quality & Management” Award from 9th MT India Healthcare Award in Voice of Healthcare (VOH) conference;
- College of American Pathologist (CAP Inspector Excellence Honor;
- American Association of Clinical Chemistry (AACC Outstanding Speaker Award);
- International Federation of Clinical Chemistry & Laboratory Medicine (IFCC Development of Quality Competence in Medical Laboratories- DQMCL Award);
- Pacific Federation of Clinical Biochemistry (APFCB Young Scientist Scholarship);
- Reliance Group Corporate Social Responsibility (The Woman of Substance Award);
- Dr. T. N. Pattabhiraman Oration Award from Association of Clinical Biochemists of India (ACBI);
- Dr. Ajit Singh Saini Oration Award from Association of Medical Biochemists of India (AMBI);
- Pitabus Jamuna Burma Memorial Award from ACBI;
- Dr. C. Sita Devi Award from ACBI;
- Brig. Ramesh Sinha Memorial Certificate & Gold Medal from AMBI;
- Her biography has been featured in a book named “And So Can You” (where 17 successful doctors share their inspiring stories).
Dr. Barnali Das has done her M.B.B.S., MD and DNB (Biochemistry). She have also completed Post graduate diploma in hospital & healthcare management (PGDHHM). Subsequently, she has done management development programs from IIT Bombay and IIM-Indore and Six Sigma Training from ISI. She has also completed courses like Post Graduate Excellence Program on Atopic Disorders from Boston University School of Medicine, American Association of Clinical Chemistry (AACC) Point of Care (POCT) Professional Certification, Courses in Quality Management, such as College of American Pathologist's comprehensive Team Leader Study; ISO15189 and certificate course in clinical research (CCCR).
She has several international and national publications, few recent ones are Clinical Chemistry, European Thyroid Journal, Clinica Chimica Acta, Clinical Biochemistry, Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, Indian Journal of Medical Biochemistry, and Indian Heart Journal.
She has delivered more than 100 talks and chaired several sessions in conferences in different countries. She has contributed many articles in national & international magazines and newspapers.
Dr. Barnali was the organizing secretary of 3 conferences, 2 symposiums and several webinars in India under the auspices of IFCC and AACC. As a member of IFCC C-STFT, she has conducted free thyroid screening camps in Mumbai, India.
Cardiac Markers (High Sensitive Troponins), Autoimmune Markers, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and ICH Biomarkers, Laboratory Quality Management, Lean Six Sigma Implementation, Covid 19 Routine Lab Markers, Thyroid Function Test, Glycated Hemoglobin and Hemoglobinopathy, Population Based Reference Interval Establishment, Acute Kidney Injury, Digital Health, Reference Interval etc.