|Name||Position||Country||Term||Time in Office|
|G. Miller||Chair||US||extra-term||2019 01 - 2019 12|
Terms of Reference
- Establish operating procedures for the formal assessment of the commutability of a reference material intended for use as a calibrator, trueness control or EQA sample, taking into account different measurement procedure properties and categories of traceability described in ISO 17511.
- Establish procedures to correct for bias in a metrological traceability hierarchy caused by non-commutability, or by bias that meets a commutability criterion, of a reference material.
- Establish how to define the criterion for acceptable commutability that is required for a given reference material, taking into account its intended use and the intended use of the measurand.
- Advise IFCC Committees and Working Groups on how to assess the commutability of materials on which they are working.
- Recommendations for assessing commutability part 1: general experimental design; completed see Clin Chem 2018;64:447-54
- Recommendations for assessing commutability part 2: using the difference in bias between a reference material and clinical samples; completed see Clin Chem 2018;64:455-64
- Recommendations for assessing commutability part 3: using the calibration effectiveness of a reference material; completed see Clin Chem 2018;64:465-74
- Recommendations for assessing commutability part 4: correction of bias caused by non-commutability of a certified reference material used in the calibration hierarchy of an end-user measurement procedure
- Recommendations for assessing commutability part 5: validation of commutability for a replacement batch of a reference material
- Recommendations for assessing commutability part 6: criteria for making an assessment of commutability of a reference material
List of Corresponding Members, nominated by National Societies
|Name||Full and Affiliate Member Societies|
|Thomas Keller||Deutsche Gesellschaft für Klinische Chemie und Laboratoriumsmedizin e.V. (DGKL)|
|Keita Yamashita||Japan Society of Clinical Chemistry (JSCC)|
|Dalius Vitkus||Lithuanian Society of Laboratory Medicine|
|Ajie Obiefuna||Association of Clinical Chemists Nigeria (ACCN)|
|Okan Dogan||Turkish Biochemical Society (TBS)|
List of Corresponding Members, nominated by Corporate Members
|George Schneider||ABBOTT Diagnostics|
|Vesna Kostanjevecki||FUJIREBIO Europe|
|Tobias Livingstone||HELENA Biosciences|
Working Group Chairs' contact
Greg Miller, Ph.D.
Professor of Pathology
Director of Clinical Chemistry
Director of Pathology Information Systems
Virginia Commonwealth University
403 N. 13th Street, Room 501
Richmond, VA 23298-0286
Tel.: + 1-804-828-0375
Fax: + 1-804-828-0353