Standardisation of Insulin Assays (WG-SIA) - in collaboration with ADA/EASD
|B. Akolkar||Consultant / NIH NIDDK||US|
|K. Van Uytfanghe||Consultant||BE|
Terms of Reference
- To improve the standardization of assays for insulin by the development of a candidate reference method and materials.
- The development of a reference method for the measurement of insulin by electrospray ionization-isotope dilution-liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (ID-LC/tandem MS).
- Establishment of the suitability or otherwise of a lyophilized recombinant human insulin preparation as a primary reference material with appropriate properties
- Establishment of the performance of commercially available insulin assays compared to the ID-LC/tandem MS method using single donation samples and the effect of using a common primary reference material or serum pools on between method agreement.
- Determination of the effect of freeze/thawing on measured insulin (a requirement to establish the validity of materials for 3 above).
List of Corresponding Members, nominated by National Societies
|Name||Full and Affiliate Member Societies|
|Paul Glendenning||Australasian Association for Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine (AACB)|
|Syuu Meguro||Japan Society of Clinical Chemistry (JSCC)|
|Andrejus Coj||Lithuanian Society of Laboratory Medicine|
|Fayeofori Abbiyesuku||Association of Clinical Chemists Nigeria (ACCN)|
|Oguzhan Zengi||Turkish Biochemical Society (TBS)|
|Gary Myers||American Association for Clinical Chemistry|
List of Corresponding Members, nominated by Corporate Members
Working Group Co-Chairs' contacts
Dr. Michael STEFFES
Institute University of Minnesota
3098 East Castle Danger Road
Two Harbors, MN 55616
Dr. Jesse C. SEEGMILLER
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
University of Minnesota
420 Delaware Street SE
Mayo Building, Rm: D185
Minneapolis, MN 55455