Wikipedia page for the NPU Terminology:
1. Payne DA, Baluchova K, Russomando G, Ahmad Nejad P, Mamotte C, Rousseau F, van Schaik RHN, Marriott K, Maekawa M, Chan KC. Toward Harmonization of Clinical Molecular Diagnostic Reports: Findings of an International Survey. Submitted to the CCLM in November 2017.
1. Ichihara K, Ozarda Y, Barth JH, Klee G, Ling Q, Erasmus R, et al. on behalf of the Committee on Reference Intervals and Decision Limits, International Federation for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. A global multicenter study on reference values: 1. Assessment of methods for derivation and comparison of reference intervals. Clin Chim Acta 2017; 467:70-82.
2. Ichihara K, Ozarda Y, Barth JH, Klee G, Shimizu Y, Xia L, et al. on behalf of the Committee on Reference Intervals and Decision Limits, International Federation for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. A global multicenter study on reference values: 2. exploration of sources of variation across the countries. Clin Chim Acta 2017; 467:83-97.
Other articles directly related to the C-RIDL projects.
1. Ozarda Y, Ichihara K, Bakan E, Polat H, Ozturk N, Baygutalp NK, et al. A nationwide multicentre study in Turkey for establishing reference intervals of haematological parameters with novel use of a panel of whole blood. Biochem Med 2017; 27(2):350-377.
1. Thienpont LM, Van Uytfanghe K, De Grande LAC, Reynders D, Das B, Faix JD, MacKenzie F, Decallonne B, Hishinuma A, Lapauw B, Taelman P, Van Crombrugge P, Van den Bruel A, Velkeniers B, Williams P on behalf for the IFCC Committee for Standardization of Thyroid Function Tests (C-STFT). Harmonization of Serum Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone Measurements Paves the Way for the Adoption of a More Uniform Reference Interval. Clin Chem 2017;63:1248-60.
2. De Grande LAC, Van Uytfanghe K, Reynders D, Das B, Faix JD, MacKenzie F, Decallonne B, Hishinuma A, Lapauw B, Taelman P, Van Crombrugge P,Van den Bruel A, Velkeniers B, Williams P, Thienpont LM on behalf for the IFCC Committee for Standardization of Thyroid Function Tests (C-STFT). Standardization of free thyroxine measurements paves the way
for the adoption of a more uniform reference interval. Clin Chem 2017; 63:1642-52.
Additional related publications:
1. De Grande LA, Goossens K, Van Uytfanghe K, Das B, MacKenzie F, Patru MM, Thienpont LM; IFCC Committee for Standardization of Thyroid Function Tests (C-STFT). Monitoring the stability of the standardization status of FT4 and TSH assays by use of daily outpatient medians and flagging frequencies. Clin Chim Acta. 2017; 467:8-14.
2. De Grande LA, Goossens K, Van Uytfanghe K, Halsall I, Yoshimura Noh J, Hens K, Thienpont LM. Using “big data” to describe the effect of seasonal variation in thyroidstimulating hormone. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2017; 55:e34–e36
1. Evanthia Monogioudi; Ingrid Zegers Dana P Hutu; Gustavo Martos; Joanna Sheldon; Heinz Schimmel; Pier Luigi Meroni; “Standardisation of autoimmune testing – is it feasible?” has been successfully submitted online and is presently being given full consideration for publication in Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (CCLM).
1. Paleari R, Ceriotti F, Harteveld CL, Strollo M, Bakker-Verweij G, ter Huurne J, Bisoen S, Mosca A. Calibration by commutable control materials is able to reduce inter-method differences of current high-performance methods for HbA2. Clin Chim Acta 2018; 477:60-5.
1. IFCC approved HPLC reference measurement procedure for the alcohol consumption biomarker carbohydrate-deficient transferrin (CDT): Its validation and use: Clinica Chimica Acta 465 (2017) 91–100; François Schellenberg, Jos Wielders, Raymond Anton, Vincenza Bianchi, Jean Deenmamode, Cas Weykamp, John Whitfield, Jan-Olof Jeppsson, Anders Helander
2 International standardization of CDT measurement and interpretation improves its use as biomarker for chronic excessive alcohol consumption, Jos Wielders eNews IFCCNovember-December 2017
1. Standardization of Urine Albumin Measurements: Status and Performance Goals. Miller WG, Seegmiller JC, Lieske JC, Narva AS, Bachmann LM. The Journal of Applied Laboratory Medicine. Sep 2017, jalm.2017.023614; DOI: 10.1373/jalm.2017.02361
1. Clinical Laboratory Practice Recommendations for the Use of Cardiac Troponin in Acute Coronary Syndrome: Expert Opinion from the Academy of the American Association for Clinical Chemistry and the Task Force on Clinical Applications of Cardiac Bio-Markers of the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. Wu AHB, Christenson RH, Greene DN, Jaffe AS, Kavsak PA, Ordonez-Llanos J, Apple FS. Clin Chem. 2018 Jan 17. pii: Clinchem.2017.277186. doi: 10.1373/clinchem.2017.277186. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 29343532
1. Clinical Mass spectrometry proteomics (cMSP) for medical laboratory: what could be the future? By Sylvain Lehmann, Cato Brede, Pierre Lescuyer, José A Cocho, Jérôme Vialaret, Pauline Bros, Vincent Delatour, Christophe Hirtz and the IFFCC WG-cMSP is currently submitted for publication in CCA (Editor P Gillery).
1. Perspective and priorities for improvement of parathyroid hormone (PTH) measurement – A view from the IFCC Working Group for PTH. CM Sturgeon, S Sprague, A Almond, E Cavalier, WD Fraser, Algeciras-Schimnich A, et al. Clin Chim Acta 467 (2017): 42-47.
1. Working group members also contributed to the articles described above in Kidney News (American Society of Nephrology) and Clinical Laboratory News (AACC) described above.
2. An article on PTH for the Encyclopedia of Endocrinology is in preparation.
1. Pannee J, Blennow K, Zetterberg H, Portelius E. Absolute Quantification of Aβ1-42 in CSF Using a Mass Spectrometric Reference Measurement Procedure. J Vis Exp 2017;(121).
2. Janelidze S, Pannee J, Mikulskis A, Chiao P, Zetterberg H, Blennow K, Hansson O. Concordance Between Different Amyloid Immunoassays and Visual Amyloid Positron Emission Tomographic Assessment. JAMA Neurol 2017;74:1492-1501.er’s biomarker – a route to standardization. Submitted to CCA.
The work of the IFCC WG-CSF has been summarized in a review paper that is submitted to the CCA special issue:
1. Kuhlmann J, Andreasson U, Pannee J, Bjerke M, Portelius E, Leinenbach A, Bittner T, Korecka M, Jenkins RG, Vanderstichele H, Stoops E, Lewczuk P, Shaw LM, Zegers I, Schimmel h, Zetterberg H, Blennow K, on behalf of the IFCC Working Group on Standardisation of CSF proteins (WG-CSF). CSF Aβ1-42 – an excellent but complicated Alzheimer’s biomarker – a route to standardization. Clin Chim Acta 2017;467:27-33.