2019 Publications of Interest
C-NPU - Nomenclature, Properties and Units - Joint Committee of IFCC/IUPAC
- Young Bae Lee Hansen: Recommendations on measurement units – why and how: eJIFCC Volume 30 no 3 – 2019
C-TLM - Traceability in Laboratory Medicine
- The results of RELA2019 have been evaluated and published http://www.dgkl-rfb.de:81
C-HAT - Harmonization of Autoimmune Tests
- Monogioudi E; Zegers I; Hutu DP; Sheldon J; Schimmel H; Meroni PL. Certified Reference Material against PR3 ANCA IgG autoantibodies. From development to certification. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2019 Jul 26;57(8):1197-1206. doi: 10.1515/cclm-2018-1095.
C-BM - Bone Metabolism
- Etienne Cavalier, Richard Eastell, Niklas Rye Jørgensen, Konstantinos Makris, Symeon Tournis, Samuel Vasikaran, John A. Kanis, Cyrus Cooper, Hans Pottel and Howard A. Morris, on behalf of the IFCC-IOF Joint Committee for Bone Metabolism (C-BM), “A multicenter study to evaluate harmonization of assays for N-terminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PINP): a report from the IFCC-IOF Joint Committee for Bone Metabolism”. Clin Chem Lab Med 2019; 57(10): 1546–1555.
- Abstract on “PINP harmonization: a report of the IOF-IFCC Committee for Bone metabolism” presented during IOF meeting in Paris on April 5th
WG-SAU - Standardization of Albumin Assay in Urine – in collaboration with NKDEP
- Miller WG, Bachmann LM, Fleming JK, Delanghe JR, Parsa A, Narva AS. Recommendations for reporting low and high values for urinary albumin and total protein [Letter to the Editor]. Clin Chem 2019; 65(2):349-350.
WG-APO MS - Apolipoproteins by Mass Spectrometry
The group aims for submission of the following manuscripts in 2020:
- A manuscript will be a technical note or letter on the improved digestion of apolipoproteins using a combination of lysC and trypsin. This manuscript will summarize the findings and evidence gathered by the three reference labs (LUMC, CDC and UKL).
- A second manuscript that will be in the preparation phase by the end of 2020 is the development of a harmonized LC-MS based reference method, including results from the planned ring trials.
Members of the group have participated in several related publications:
- Orsi FA, Lijfering WM, Van der Laarse A, Ruhaak LR, Rosendaal FR, Cannegieter SC, Cobbaert C. Association of apolipoproteins C-I, C-II, C-III and E with coagulation markers and venous thromboembolism risk. Clin Epidemiol. 2019 https://doi.org/ 10.2147/CLEP.S196266.
- Ruhaak LR, Van der Laarse A, Cobbaert CM. Apolipoprotein profiling as a personalized approach to the diagnosis and treatment of dyslipidaemia. Annals of Clinical Biochemistry. 2019 https://doi.org/10.1177/0004563219827620
- Dittrich J, Beutner F, Teren A, Thiery J, Burkhardt R, Scholz M, Ceglarek U. Plasma levels of apolipoproteins C-III, A-IV, and E are independently associated with stable atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. Atherosclerosis. 2019 Feb;281:17-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/j. atherosclerosis.2018.11.006