C-CLM Roles and Responsibilities
Full members bear the primary responsibility for carrying out the C-CLM’s overall mission. To discharge this responsibility requires not only knowledge in the appropriate disciplines, but also a commitment to high standards, a considerable breadth of interest and receptivity to new ideas, a strong sense of fairness, good judgement, excellent communication skills (both oral and written), and a high degree of personal integrity.
Individual committee members are responsible for:
· Reporting back on tasks and activities of the C-CLM to the chairperson of C-CLM
· Attending all scheduled committee meetings
· Sharing all communications and information across the committee members
· Making timely decisions and taking actions so as to not hold up the tasks and projects
· Notifying members of the C-CLM, as soon as practical, if any matter arises which may be deemed to affect the development of a task or project
Members of the C-CLM will expect:
· That each member will be provided with complete, accurate and meaningful information in a timely manner
· To be given reasonable time to make decisions
· To be alerted to potential risks and issues that could impact the task or project, as they arise
· The C-CLM full members review the relevance and value of committee work and the terms of reference on an annual basis.
- Effective written communication through electronic mail are adopted to working.
- C-CLM are convened at the face-to-face meeting during the IFCC conference or congress. At least one teleconference is held each year.
- If required, subgroup meetings will be arranged outside of these times at a time convenient to subgroup members.
- Chairperson of C-CLM will organize and chair the committee meetings.
- Chairperson of C-CLM will generate topics for the agenda of meetings in discussion with the full members of C-CLM.
- Meeting papers will be circulated, by email, at least one week in advance of meetings.
- The format of face-to-face meeting include 60 to 90 minutes with overview and discussion parts. Teleconference is held for 45 to 60 minutes. A volunteer member provides secretariat for the group.
- Corresponding members are invited to join face-to-face meeting at the IFCC conference or congress.
- Decisions are made by consensus. If not possible, chairperson of C-CLM makes final decision.
- Meeting minutes will be provided by the chairperson, this includes preparing meeting notes and information.
Sharing of Information and Resources (including confidential materials)
- Full and corresponding members will be able to share information and resources through electronic mail, committee meetings and the C-CLM web page.
- It is each member’s responsibility to make it clear if where a matter shall remain confidential and not for discussion outside the committee.
- When sharing documents, members should make it clear if there is a restriction as to:
- Circulation of the documents beyond the C-CLM
- Copyright/use of the contents